PEACE Farm accepts work exchange (wwoofers, workaway and helpx) all year round. Our wwoofer number is VM328.
Helpers are expected to work 30-35 hours over 5-7 days (30 hours is the minimum, but helpers often like to work more hours if they are enjoying the work and learning new skills.) Exact hours and days are negotiated depending on weather, farm events etc.
*Please note: the nature of the farm work does require a level of fitness and strength as some duties can be physically demanding.
- Animal care: We have 4 goats and many chickens.
- Farm work: propagating, planting, harvesting, weeding and whipper snippering our mandala gardens and small organic market garden. Picking and packing veggie boxes for local families once per week.
- Keeping the caravans, wwoofer toilet and kitchen clean & tidy.
- Building: There are often building projects happening at PEACE farm using sustainable building techniques, earth-rendering and cobbing.
- If you are interested or able to, we may also need and really appreciate help inside the house with cleaning, children, or cooking. Let us know if you are willing to help with this also.
Accommodation and Food:
We have two caravans which can accommodate 3- 4 people and two rooms inside. We also have a basic kitchen, where helpers can prepare their own breakfast and either lunch or dinner with ingredients we provide. Helpers share one daily meal with the host family. One of the best parts of PEACE farm is access to our delicious freshly-picked organic veggies, goats milk and eggs. We appreciate if you can let us know if you have any special dietary requirements. It is your responsibility to bring own snacks or special foods.
*Please note: Smoking is not permitted around any of the buildings at PEACE Farm
PEACE Farm is a unique learning environment. We have various options for people who wish to have an extended stay at PEACE Farm and acquire knowledge and experience in any of the following elements-
– Organic heirloom nursery and seed saving
– CSA Market Garden
– Natural Building
– Animal care and regenerative animal systems
– Wholistic health; yoga, meditation, men’s and women’s business, seasonal celebrations
– Children nature-based education
An internship at PEACE farm is an opportunity for hands on learning experience in any one or a combination of the above elements.
For more detailed information about internships,
accommodation, requirements etc …link
Come and experience the beauty and stillness of nature at PEACE farm, where children can feel connected to the seasons, nature, farm animals, and how food is grown. Farm Play is a nature-based education program for children. We are currently running Holiday Farm Play sessions each school holidays for primary aged children. Pre-schoolers can attend with a guardian.
What happens at farm play? The children arrive and have playtime or craft while waiting for everyone to arrive. Once everyone is there we have a walk around the farm, exploring the mandala gardens, harvesting what’s in season, planting, visiting the nursery and seeing how the seed is propagated, observing the insects in the gardens and visiting the animals on the farm. We follow the children’s lead, slowing down to their pace and observations, creating memorable experiences as we go.
Other activities may include seasonal cooking, yoga, relaxation, songs and games.
We always eat a delicious morning tea or lunch together, gathered from the extensive organic gardens.
One of the highlights of Farm Play is spending some time exploring our wild, untamed forest. Forest play is a wonderful opportunity for the children to allow their imaginations to run wild with nature, directing the play while the adults follow or just sit back and watch. We are simply there to keep them safe.
You will need clothes suitable for the season as we love to play outside no matter what the weather. In winter, gumboots, raincoats and warm clothes are required. In summer, bring sunhats and closed shoes, and bathers or spare clothes for water play.
For more information and to book into the next Holiday Farm Play contact Cat 0403 334 808
We offer a range of permaculture workshops throughout the year. Please check our calendar.